The Midnight Online
|Online concert by The Midnight|
|Date(s)||October 30, 2020|
|Attendance||0 (closed event)|
The Midnight Online was a concert special by The Midnight. A one-time-only event, the concert was broadcast live on Seated from the Libbey Bowl in Ojai, California on the evening of October 30, 2020. A repeat broadcast was streamed the following day to accommodate international audiences.
The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted The Midnight's plans to tour and promote their new album, Monsters. To get fans engaged with the band during the pandemic, an alternate reality game (ARG) began on September 24, 2020, and continued through October 15, 2020, with fans working together each day remotely to solve clues and discover hidden prizes. The ARG's prize on the day of October 8 was a poster advertising The Midnight Online, described as a "One-Time Worldwide Event" to occur on October 30, live from California. Later that same day, the concert was announced to the public and tickets went on sale.
Live From California
A One-Time Worldwide Event.
The Midnight, the duo of producer Tim McEwan and singer-songwriter Tyler Lyle, are masters of flipping the disparate archetypes of yearning American youth — think everything from John Hughes films and the Smashing Pumpkins’ “1979” music video to Snapchats of ravers losing it to a big bass drop and the lonesome sway of the “lofi hip hop radio-beats to study / relax to” YouTube channel — into their own modern collage that finds a through-line between generations of teenage ennui.
//The Midnight have partnered with the PLUS1 Covid-19 Relief Fund to support Backline and their work with those in the music industry whose mental health, safety, and wellbeing are some of the most at risk to the impacts of the pandemic. $1 contribution from every ticket will be directed to this important cause. Thanks for your support. www.covidrelief.plus1.org //
Description from Seated.
- 1991 (intro)
- America Online
- Deep Blue
- Days of Thunder
- Lost Boy
- Dance With Somebody
- Prom Night
- Because The Night
- Fire in the Sky
- Neon Medusa
- Lost & Found
- Los Angeles
- Last Train
- Tim McEwan – Percussion, synths, backing vocals
- Tyler Lyle – Guitar, vocals, synths
- Jesse Molloy – Saxophone, synths, backing vocals
- Lelia Broussard - Guitar, vocals (on Monsters), backing vocals, synths
- Royce Whittaker - Guitar, synths, backing vocals
- Nikki Flores - Vocals (on Jason, Because The Night, and Sunset)
- Tour Manager/Production Manager/Road Wizzard: Chris Paules
- Lightning Design & Direction: Corey Mattonen
- Live Sound: Nathan Devore
- Broadcast Sound & Mix: John Spiker
- Management: Justin Little & Emily Hicks
- Booking: James Alderman, Devin Landau & Ali Hedrick
- Producers: Justin Little & Chris Paules
- Directed By: Jeremiah Hammerling & Rita Baghdadi
- Cinematography: Jack Caswell, Jeremiah Hammerling & Rita Baghdadi
- Edited By: Matthew Goodhue
- Location Sound: James Erste
- Special Thanks: Seth Cummings, Mai Cummings, Makaela Glancy, Luis Gomez, Andrea Mackey, James Vega, Jamie Bennet, Vickie Hollingsworth, The City of Ojai, CA., The Libbey Bowl, Kameryn Tanita/Seated, Fuse Lighting, Mike Tregler, and most of all The fans
- "The Midnight Online | Seated". Seated. October 30, 2020. Archived from the original on April 10, 2022. Retrieved April 10, 2022.
- "ｔｈｅ ｍｉｄｎｉｇｈｔ on Instagram". Instagram. October 8, 2020.
- "The Midnight on Facebook". Facebook. October 8, 2020.
- "ｔｈｅ ｍｉｄｎｉｇｈｔ on Twitter". Twitter. October 8, 2020. Archived from the original on April 10, 2022. Retrieved April 10, 2022.