|Born||February 6, 1984|
McEwan began playing the bass at 10 years old and had his first playing gig at the age of 2014. He embarked on his first tour in 2006. In 2007, McEwan graduated from the Danish Rhythmic Conservatory with a bachelor's degree in music.
McEwan has played bass for artists such as Atomic Kitten, Kyle Minogue, Rick Astley, and several artists produced under Deekay, who his brother Tim is a member of. He has also played bass on several television shows, including Eurovision and the Danish version of The X-Factor.
McEwan's first contribution to The Midnight was performing the synth solo on Kick Drums & Red Wine from the EP Days of Thunder. He co-wrote Nighthawks from Endless Summer and played bass on Dance With Somebody and Brooklyn, both from The Midnight's album Monsters. On the band's 2022 album Heroes, McEwan played bass on the songs Heartbeat, A Place of Her Own, and Avalanche.
Contributions to songs by The Midnight
- Kick Drums & Red Wine - synth solo
- Nighthawks - co-writer
- Dance With Somebody - synth bass
- Brooklyn - bass, fretless bass
- Heartbeat - bass
- A Place of Her Own - bass
- Avalanche - bass
- "Oliver McEwan - Bass Player / Musical Director / Songwriter / Arranger". Oliver McEwan. January 1, 2013. Archived from the original on February 20, 2020. Retrieved April 2, 2022.
- "Oliver McEwan on Twitter: "Had the most amazing birthday yesterday ! Had a fantastic birthday breakfast with my loved ones, got… " / Twitter". Twitter. February 7, 2014. Archived from the original on July 9, 2023. Retrieved July 9, 2023.
- "Oliver McEwan on Twitter: "It's Friday, and it's my birthday 🎂 - let's do this ! #TGIF / Twitter". Twitter. February 6, 2015. Archived from the original on July 9, 2023. Retrieved July 9, 2023.