From The Floppy Disk
|The Midnight Remixed|
|Remix album by|
|Released||August 14, 2017|
|The Midnight chronology|
|Singles from The Midnight Remixed|
The Midnight Remixed is the first remix album by The Midnight. It was released through the label Silk Music on August 14, 2017. The album contains remixes of songs from Days of Thunder and Endless Summer.
Prior to the release of The Midnight Remixed, Silk Music issued singles for the songs WeMoveForward, Sunset, and Days of Thunder. These single releases included the original songs as well as their corresponding remixes that would later be included on the album. After the album's release, Synthetic was released as a single by Silk Music, with this single featuring five remixed versions of the song.
The Midnight Remixed was a milestone release for the band. It was their first album to be associated with a label and the first to make an appearance on a Billboard chart, where it charted at number 22 on the Billboard Dance/Electronic Albums Chart. It was also the first The Midnight album to feature the band's second logo on the cover art, which continues to be used today. The success of The Midnight Remixed led to Silk Music issuing a second The Midnight remix album two years later, The Midnight Remixed 02.
The first collaboration between The Midnight and electronic music label Silk Music was the March 2016 release of the single WeMoveForward. This single included the original song, its instrumental version, and a new remix by Talamanca. Another single, Days Of Thunder, was released later that year in August and included the original song and a new remix by PROFF.
On July 24, 2017, a third single from Silk Music, Sunset, was announced. The same day, it was confirmed that a full remix album was coming with a planned release date of August 14, and the album art and track list were revealed.
The release was a success for the band and Silk Music, charting at number 22 on the Billboard Dance/Electronic Albums Chart. This was the first time a release by The Midnight charted on Billboard. Silk Music followed this up by releasing a fourth and final single on December 18, Synthetic. This single did not include the original song but instead featured five remixed versions of it.
Consisting of Danish-born (LA-based) producer Tim McEwan and NYC-based singer-songwriter Tyler Lyle, The Midnight have emerged in recent years as a veritable leader of the synthwave resurgence. More specifically, the duo have received generous support from legions of synthwave enthusiasts, as well as more casual synth-pop fans, ever since their aesthetic-defining debut EP, "Days of Thunder" (2014). Their subsequent LP offering, "Endless Summer" (2016), cemented the duo's reputation as one of the finest new synthwave acts, a sentiment that musical legends (Chicane), renowned artist peers (FM-84), and prominent genre hubs (NewRetroWave) have graciously reinforced of late. The Midnight Remixed, one of our most ambitious releases to date, features brand new remixes by a distinguished group of Silk Music veterans, whose melodic and atmospheric sound has significantly helped to define our brand. We've also recruited a few famed nonresident label contributors, including Lifelike and Michael Cassette, whose specific compositional gifts and musical legacies seemed especially apropos to this 80s-influenced endeavor.
The Midnight Remixed showcases breathtaking new interpretations of The Midnight's past work, ranging in style from drum & bass and deep house to trance & progressive. Michael Cassette, Johan Vilborg, Dezza, Lifelike, PROFF, Terry Da Libra, Sundriver, and Talamanca's exhilarating, club-oriented interpretations feature rapturous chords, and, of course, Tyler's mellifluous and infectious vocal hooks. Offerings from Marsh, Vintage & Morelli, eleven.five, and Mango vs. We Are All Astronauts convey a deeper and more introspective musical tone, but are nonetheless equally memorable.
|1.||"Sunset (Michael Cassette Remix)"||3:44|
|2.||"WeMoveForward (Johan Vilborg Remix)"||5:19|
|3.||"Kick Drums & Red Wine (Dezza Remix)"||4:38|
|4.||"Nighthawks (Lifelike Remix)"||6:10|
|5.||"Days Of Thunder (PROFF pres. Soultorque Remix)"||6:02|
|6.||"Endless Summer (Marsh Remix)"||6:50|
|7.||"The Equaliser (Terry Da Libra Remix)"||6:48|
|8.||"Memories (Sundriver Remix)"||3:43|
|9.||"Jason (eleven.five 'Leftfield' Remix)"||4:05|
|10.||"Vampires (Vintage & Morelli Remix)"||7:00|
|11.||"Synthetic (Mango vs. We Are All Astronauts Remix)"||7:40|
|12.||"WeMoveForward (Talamanca Remix)"||7:30|
|13.||"Sunset (Michael Cassette Extended Mix)"||5:38|
|14.||"Kick Drums & Red Wine (Dezza Extended Mix)"||6:49|
|15.||"Nighthawks (Lifelike Extended Mix)"||9:00|
|16.||"Memories (Sundriver Extended Mix)"||6:51|
- "The Midnight Remixed | The Midnight". Bandcamp. August 14, 2017. Archived from the original on April 8, 2022. Retrieved April 8, 2022.
- "Sunset (incl. Michael Cassette Remix) | The Midnight". Twitter. August 7, 2017. Archived from the original on April 8, 2022. Retrieved April 8, 2022.
Click the heading above to read more!
You've Got Mail!
- 19th September, 2023
- Tour - The Summer 2024 Australian Tour is announced with three shows planned in the cities of Sydney (February 29), Brisbane, (March 1) and Melbourne (March 2). This will be first time since 2019 that The Midnight have performed in Australia.
- 16th September, 2023
- Tour - The Fall 2023 North American Tour kicks off at the Music Midtown festival in Atlanta, GA.
- 1st September, 2023
- Music - Red, White and Bruised: The Midnight Live is released on all platforms.
- 15th August, 2023
- Music - Red, White and Bruised: The Midnight Live is announced for a full release on September 1, 2023. In addition to vinyl, a new cassette version is also available for pre-order. The digital and cassette versions contain eight additional tracks.
- 20th June, 2023
- Tour - Flamingosis, who previously supported The Midnight during the Fall 2019 Tour, is announced as the supporting act for the Fall 2023 North American Tour. Dates in Nashville and Memphis have been added.
- 6th June, 2023
- Tour - The Midnight announces a July 30 show at the The Bellwether in Los Angeles, CA. The Midnight will be one of the first acts to perform at this new venue.
- 31st May, 2023
- Tour - The Midnight is announced as part of the lineup for Heineken Silver Live Out, a music festival to take place in Monterrey, MX on October 23.
- 16th May, 2023
- Tour - The Midnight is announced as part of the lineup for Music Midtown. The band's show at the festival will take place on September 16 in Atlanta, GA and is considered part of the Fall 2023 North American Tour.
Did You Know?
- ...that Tim McEwan is originally from Copenhagen, Denmark?
- ...that the voice in the intro of River of Darkness is from a guy named Eric?
- ...that Tim McEwan once played drums in the Eurovison Song Contest?
- ...that Lost & Found was originally released on the Tyler Lyle album The Native Genius of Desert Plants?
- ...that Brooklyn. Friday. Love. was originally a demo for the Tyler Lyle album Floating Years?
- ...that an early version of Jason used the backing track from what would become The Equaliser (Not Alone)
- ...that Youth was used as the opening track for the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 tours?
- ...that The Midnight Remixed is the band's first release to appear on a Billboard chart?
- ...that for five years Comet was nothing more than a small snippet on Facebook before finally being released in 2021?
- ...that Golden Gate, Souvenir and Brooklyn were originally released on the Tyler Lyle album The Floating Years?
Click the heading above to see more fan photos!